#Britishflowers Hour – Monday 6th March 2017 – Favourite Flowers to Sell to Florists
This weeks’ hour was all about what flowers do your florists love! The hosts were Sara Willman (@myflowerpatch) and Lara Smith (MFCFlowers), with help from Mike Rogers (@sofaflyer) and notes by Jess Streeter (@SussexRoses).
Some florist favourites include:
- Nigella – both flowers and pods
- Trifolium pannonicular clover
- Sweet peas
- Dahlias – café au lait
- Cornish Daffodils
- Grasses – Briza, Panicum (frosted explosion).
- Chocolate Cosmos (don’t like frost or wet)
- Ivy (variegated)
- Achillea – be warned though, it does spread!
- Chrysanthemums – specifically Allouise as completely different from the usual, available through Van Meuwen.
- Dyers Chamomile / Anthemis Tinctoria (lasts ages in water once cut)
Next weeks’ chat will be about what grows well without being under cover, hosted by @flowerpotpolly and @TeenyWeenyFarm. Do join us between 8pm-9pm on Monday’s with the hashtag #britishflowers!