Feb 5 2018
Macdonald Burlington Hotel, New Street, Birmingham.
Registration and coffee from 8.15 am for 9.15am start
Programme ends 5pm, with networking till 6.00pm.
FFTF members £55, non-members £80.00 (includes refreshments and lunch).
Our annual Birmingham conference offers a fantastic opportunity to socialise, network and learn with fellow growers and florists, alongside a great mix of input, floral demonstration, group discussion activities, and trade stands offering browsing and buying opportunities.
We're pleased to announce the following confirmed speakers:
- Fiona Humberstone, The Brand Stylist: How to Build A Destination Floral Brand
- Our specialist triumverate of growers: Claire Brown, Plantpassion, Linda Clark, Spotted Dog Flower Company and Frances Boscawen, Moat Farm Flowers : The challenges of different soil types and how to overcome them (with Q+A)
- Fiona Pickles, Firenza Flowers - large vase demonstration
Afternoon discussion groups include:
- Wedding flowers: Rachel Petherham, Catkin
- Running workshops: Sarah Statham, Simply By Arrangement
- Funeral flowers: Gill Hodgson, Fieldhouse Flowers
- Planning your plot: Claire Brown, Plant Passion
- Working as a freelance florist: Judith McCormack, Pollen Floral Joy
- Finding your customer: Nicki Roberts, Buckets of Blooms
- Growing for florists: Jan Falkingham, Field and Bloom
- Using horticulture for health and well being in a social enterprise. Theresa Wedderburn, Branch Out MK
- Running a floristry business from an urban garden: Ellie and Anna, The Flower Appreciation Society
- Conditioning and containers: Toria Britten, Flowers from the Plot
- Wearable Flowers: Gayani Ariyaratne, Ethical Floral
- Growers: Record keeping and how to use it: Cel Robertson, Forever Green Flower Company.
- Videography for small businesses - Sarah Chaundler, Jigsaw Productions
Terms and Conditions
Bookings are non-refundable after 4th January 2018. If you book and aren’t able to attend you can transfer member tickets to another member or a non-member ticket to any person of your choice. You must arrange this yourself and inform firstname.lastname@example.org of the name of the person attending in your place.