About My Business
Welcome to Bloom by Ryan Lewis, a Flower Farm and Floristry company based in the beautiful countryside on the outskirts of Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire on the borders of Cheshire and Shropshire. On our farm we grow gorgeous blooms and foliage for events and occasions and we also produce for wholesale purposes, selling to other florists who desire our often unusual or hard to acquire blooms.
We like to be different! Just as each bloom we produce is unique, so to are our designs.
When it comes to planning a gift bouquet or a larger event, such as a wedding, funeral, baby shower, birthday party, or whatever it may be, our approach remains the same – you lead the way and we work with your desires and personality. Of course, we supply our specialist knowledge, creativity and seasonal blooms but we always ensure our approach is tailored and collaborative.
We use as many of our homegrown blooms as possible in all of our arrangements and we pride ourselves on producing the freshest blooms that are well conditioned, meaning that they last as long as possible when they get to you. Freshness also matters when it come to our approach to floristry - using fresh ideas, concepts, being on trend and standing out. It also ensures that we are constantly forward thinking, pushing the boundaries and evolve continually.
All of our event and wholesale customers are invited down to the farm for an onsite consultation where we can browse the available and upcoming blooms prior to the event and for those who like to plan ahead we can even grow your blooms of choice in advance, making your special event even more individual and bespoke.
We also care. We care not only about the impact of our product on nature and the pristine countryside in which we grow but we also care about how our products impact you and how our practices can benefit the industry itself. As a result we follow the following principles:
- We don’t use artificial chemical fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides
- We compost all of the waste from our flower farm which in turn provides us with beautiful compost which we return to the earth each year when mulching our beds, sowing seeds or potting on plants.
- We are completely no-dig meaning our impact on soil life is reduced
- We use our own manure from the farm as fertiliser – we have an almost endless resource with our horses, chickens and sheep!
- We do not use virgin plastic where physically possible in our packaging and only use compostable or reusable materials to decorate your bouquets
- We avoid the use of floral foam in our designs
- We grow with the seasons – this also means our flowers change and evolve throughout the year
- We commit to planting new hedging and nature corridors across our farm
- We support other local growers and companies when buying in flowers, foliage and other products