The 2023/24 FFTF Diversity Scholarship
As a not-for-profit co-operative of British flower growers, Flowers From The Farm aims to represent individuals working across the floristry, horticulture and flower farming sector, but we are aware of how far we have yet to go to ensure our collective is fully inclusive. The more influential we become in the small-scale farming industry in the UK, the more we want our membership to be truly reflective of the UK’s population. This is why we have taken steps to put those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalised at the heart of how we move forward.
As part of our continuing efforts to break down invisible barriers to involvement and education in farming, we are thrilled to announce that our Diversity Scholarship scheme is returning for another year. The scholarship will offer four people from the global majority unique access to advice, mentorship, reference books, tools and equipment, plus a Level 2 qualification in horticulture to help kick-start their career as a flower farmer. We are delighted this year to be supported by the RHS Flourish Fund.
The scholarship content for 2023/24 includes:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Practical Horticulture Skills Accreditation with funded travel and accommodation
- Free first-year membership of Flowers From the Farm, including access to its members-only Facebook forum for shared learning and bulk buys of corms, perennials & plants
- 6 x online group sessions geared towards specific topics such as marketing, weddings & events and flower farming economics with an experienced FFTF member
- 4 x 1:1 mentor sessions with a regionally appointed flower farmer, including site visits with a practical learning element
- A curated starter kit including a selection of reference books
- Access to a DAG Diversity Scholarship Scheme coordinator for pastoral support
Flowers From The Farm would love to hear from any global majority flower growers – with any level of experience – with a genuine interest in and commitment to a career in flower farming. You don’t need to have any previous experience of growing, but you do need loads of enthusiasm, access to an outdoor growing space (this could be a shared site, allotment or your garden), a love for flowers and a commitment to learning about growing flowers for market.
Applications open on 15 May and will close on the 12 June. Apply now
For more information, or to offer your support, please email: email@example.com